My Mother's Chicken Soup Recipe!
In this episode of Autumn Becomes Me Vlog, I'm going to share with you my mother's homemade chicken and dumpling recipe. Everything is from scratch and it's perfect for when you might be catching a cold.
If you're looking for the written recipe, here it is!:
For the Broth:
* 3 to 3 1/2 cup up a whole chicken (Feel free to include the giblets but omit the liver)
* 4 1/2 cups cold water
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 medium stalk celery with leaves, roughly chopped
* 1 medium carrot, roughly chopped (peeled or unpeeled is optional)
* 1 small onion, peeled and roughly chopped
* 1 sprig of parsley
* Optional 2-3 crushed garlic pieces.
Add everything together in a pot and heat to boiling. Remove any foam that comes to the surface. Reduce heat and cover and allow it to simmer for 45 minutes.
Remove the chicken from the broth and allow it to cool. Pour broth through a cheesecloth and discard any vegetables.
Once all meat has been removed and the bones of the chicken have been discarded work on the rest of the soup.
* Chicken and Broth (which you just made)
* 2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
* 2 medium stalks of celery
* 1 small onion chopped
* 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
* 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped.
* 1 cup Bisquick
* 1/3 cup Milk
Add enough Broth to the pot to equal 5 cups. Heat broth to a boil and add in your carrots, celery, onion, chicken bouillon, and garlic. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the carrots are soft.
During this time mix the Bisquick and Milk. Once carrots are soft add in the chicken and heat to boiling and then by the teaspoon drop in the Bisquick batter. Cook uncovered for roughly 10 minutes. Then serve!
Thank you so much for watching and please let me know in the comments below what you thought! Have a wonderful day, -Heather Autumn